Saturday, 2 February 2013

COCKNEY LANGUAGE


"Cockney rhyming slang" en teoría solo se oye en Londres, y un "cockney" de verdad es alguien que escucha las campanas de las iglesias de Bow - "Bow Bells" desde el lugar donde nació. Algunas frases típicas del Cockney son:
"apples and pears" = stairs, "trouble and strife" = wife, "dustbin lids" = kids
A ver si puedes entender lo siguiente:
" I went up the "apples and pears" to have a word with the "trouble and strife" and would you "Adam and Eve" it? She was talking on the "Al Capone" with her "plates of meat" on the bed looking at me with her big "mince pies" with a strange smile on her "north and south" and all the time watching the "dustbin lids" hitting each other on the "loaf of bread!"
¿No? Yo tampoco



Algunos ejemplos de la jerga cockney:
  1. apples = apples and pears = stairs = escalera
  2. jam = jam jar = car = coche
  3. trouble = trouble and strife = wife = esposa
  4. lee = Lee Marvin = starving = muriendo de hambre
  5. bread = bread and honey = money = dinero
  6. loaf = loaf of bread = head
  7. North and South = mouth
Ejemplo de frase en cockney:
  • Cockney: I ran out o´ bread so I took me jam back to me gaff
  • Inglés: I ran out of money so I took my car back to my house = Sin dinero, he vuelto a mi casa en mi coche.


No comments: